When planning a bus ride for any type of group, it’s a good idea to have some team building activities on hand. Games can make time fly, create friendships and memories, and keep the group engaged. Let’s have a look at some team building ideas that are doable on a bus trip.
1. Twenty questions – This is a popular game for people of all ages. It’s simple; one participant claims to be a specific person, place, or thing. Others can then ask twenty “yes or no” questions to gather information. Whoever guesses who/what the person “is” correctly goes next.
2. I spy – The game begins when a person silently picks an object around them (or outside the bus) and says, “I spy with my little eye something that is…” with a hint of what the object looks like. Other players then try to guess the object.
3. Tic Tac Toe/“Hangman” – Both these old standards are great for a quiet game. Hand out some pre-printed cards with the games on them, along with some pencils. Seatmates can challenge each other.
4. Chess/Checkers – Another fun game for seatmates. Magnetic chess and checkers boards are a great gift item for your team, and they won’t have to worry about losing the pieces on the bus.
5. Chain game – Pick a topic, like “celebrities,” “pop singers,” “movies,” or “TV shows.” Start with the person at the front and move to the back. The first person says a name, like, “Lady Gaga.” The next player must use the first letter of the celebrity’s last name to come up with another name, such as, “Garry Shandling,” then “Samuel L. Jackson,” and so on. The objective of the game is to be quick. A player who takes too long or stumbles is “out.”
6. Bingo – You can find “travel-themed bingo cards” online. The game is played the like regular bingo but (instead of numbers) the cards feature items that can be found during a trip. A few examples would be:
- Road signs
Players cross off the items as they spot them.
Bus trips can be made more memorable with fun games. A reputable company with an excellent fleet and experienced drivers is an important part of the planning. Parkinson Coach Lines has the experience and skill to get you where you’re going safely and on time. Contact us at (905) 451-4776.